We understand there are many concerns with the issue revolving around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Information is presented daily and things can change at a moment’s notice. We want you to rest assured that at Smoky Mountain Cabins of Tennessee we are following the social distancing guidelines as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition to our usual operating procedures on clean cabins and guest safety, here are some of the things we are doing to protect each traveling family member:
Cleaning and Sanitation Measures: Our staff of professionals are taking additional precautions to mitigate the spread of coronavirus and provide you with the safest possible experience.
- Disinfecting surfaces in your rental with high-grade cleaning products as recommended by the CDC (click here to view CDC recommendations)
- Washing linens using commercial equipment and chemicals
- Using disinfectant cleaning solutions (click here for approved products list)
- Our cleaning personnel will be wearing appropriate PPE as suggested by the CDC
Express Check-In: Express Check-In means you will have direct access to the directions for your cabin on the day of arrival (once it is established as ready for rental) versus checking in at our office. To qualify for EXPRESS CHECK-IN, you must have completed and signed each document in the reservation packet which includes: All Credit Card Receipts, Reservation Agreement, Cabin Rental Policy Overview, Pool Procedure and Agreement (for cabins with pools), and we must have a copy of a valid driver’s license on file. To complete these forms, you can electronically sign for each once you receive your confirmation email. Please look within your confirmation email for the link. Or you can print, sign, and fax back each document to us at: 865-325-3097
For Work Orders During Your Stay: To maintain Social Distancing we will be following the modified procedures listed below for any work orders that must be completed at a cabin during a guest stay.
Small replacement items including but not limited to light bulbs, batteries, etc., will be delivered to the front door of the cabin.
- Non-emergency issues will be completed between guest stays (when no guests are present)
- For emergency requests (such as lockouts, safety issues, power/ water outages, sewage backups, etc.) guests will be asked to either go to a separate level, stay in their vehicle, or vacate the cabin/stay in their vehicles while the work order is being completed.
- Specialty services which require outside vendors are dependent on those individual vendors, their policies, and availability schedules at this time.
Procedure for Confirmed COVID-19 Case in Cabin: Should one of our properties have a confirmed COVID-19 guest, we will follow stringent procedures to protect and provide the necessary safety to the health of all future guests and our staff members. We will let the cabin set vacant for 7-10 days (depending on situation). We will then sanitize the cabin using cleaning solutions that follow CDC guidelines that are specific disinfectants for use against COVID_19ther (click here for approved products list)
Personal Health: The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends to clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.